Welcome to GPS
Welcome to Greenville Public Schools
Thank you for visiting our website and learning more about what Greenville Public Schools has to offer. We hope you find the website to be a useful resource for information – whether you are a prospective family, parent, student or a community stakeholder. Like all websites, you will be able to find a lot of information, interesting news and facts and helpful tools.
Greenville Public Schools is very proud of our mission, which focuses on “assuring all students the education necessary to participate as responsible citizens in an ever-changing world.” We take seriously the responsibility to provide rigor and relevance in our curriculum and are focused on purposeful instruction. We believe it is critical to build positive relationships with all students in order for them to feel safe in a welcoming learning environment. We are committed to meeting the individual needs of each student and we have an incredible collaborative culture that encourages community involvement and partnerships. Whether you have an incoming kindergarten student or a student entering high school, we encourage you to talk with us about how we can serve your family's educational needs.
Our Core Values
We believe every student has limitless potential and through our core values of Integrity, Compassion, Collaboration and Responsibility, we can unlock their unique gifts and talents.
Our District Highlights
- North Central Accreditation at our high school for over 100 years
- Exemplary curriculum and achievement expectations
- Chinese Immersion
- Award winning performing arts department
- Extensive athletic opportunities
- Multi-Tiered support system for students
- Safe, quality transportation
- Technology is state of the art
- Online Learning opportunities
- Alternative education program
- Reading Now Network participant
- Early College through Montcalm Community College
- State of the Art Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Dual Enrollment
- Free and tuition-based preschool opportunities
- Developmental Kindergarten
- Before and after school child care
Our GPS Team
The GPS Team is second to none and I am proud to work with an outstanding group of individuals who make great things happen. It is my honor and privilege to serve Greenville Public Schools and I welcome your comments and suggestions. I hope you find this website informative, however, sometimes there is no substitute for a human connection. In this event, we invite you to stop by our district offices or call our main office (616) 754-3686, we are always happy to help!
Linda Van Houten
Superintendent of Schools