PTO - WH
Walnut Hills PTO 2017-2018
President - Tessa Hoffman
Vice President - Cassy Mason
Secretary - Brian Crawford
Treasurer - Tracy Patterson
Please visit our facebook page
The goal of the PTO is to coordinate activities that are educational, interesting, and fun for our students and their families, throughout the school year. We also provide for our teachers and support staff.
PTO meetings will be held the second Thursday of each month at 6:00pm in our library.
The PTO can always use volunteers. Your time is valuable to us, no matter if it's just a few minutes or many hours. Volunteering is a great way to show your child that you care about their school and education. Staying involved in your child's education shows that they are more likely to earn better grades, attend school regularly, and have a better attitude towards school. To volunteer your time or talent, please call the school office at 616-754-3688 and leave a message. A PTO member will call you back.
Walnut Hills PTO provides great things throughout the school year!
We start in September with an annual Fall Fundraiser. Listed below are are some of the things that we do with the proceeds from that event:
- Each month we offer a "popcorn" day for every child (and staff member)
- PTO provides fun and educational assemblies throughout the year
- Pumpkin carving night with a free dinner provided and a limited supply of pumpkins
- Santa Sale in December
- A food drive in December to help fill the food baskets that are distributed to Walnut Hills families that are in need
- Two scholarships are given each year to the alumni of Walnut Hills that are graduating from Greenville High School (requirements must be met)
- Teachers receive magazines for their classroom. They also receive money that is for classroom use
- Sponsor field day by providing each student with popcorn and a snowcone.
- Spring Carnival!! It offers a variety of fun activities including an indoor giant slide, cake walk, pop can toss, candy bar ring toss, NASCAR race (remote control cars) and many other great games and raffle prizes. Food is also available. This is a great fun filed night for the whole family
Any parent or legal guardian of a student, who is currently attending Walnut Hills, has the right to run for an elected position on the PTO board. Again, anyone and everyone is welcome to volunteer their time and talent to the PTO at any given time.
Each year in May we send home nominating ballots. If you would like to be nominated or know someone who would like to be nominated, please fill out the form and send it back to school. Each nominee is then contacted and asked if they would like to accept the chance to run for the position(s) they have been nominated for. Once that is completed, we send out a voting ballot so everyone gets a chance to vote. This process will then select the members of the Board for the next school year.
We hope the 2017-2018 school year will be a success!