PTO - CC
The Importance of Parent Involvement
The importance of parent involvement in all aspects of a child’s life cannot be overstated. Studies on parent involvement overwhelmingly confirm a positive effect on the child’s well-being and academic achievement. Parent involvement and parent commitment also benefit teachers, schools, communities, and the parents themselves. Involved parents develop positive attitudes towards the school and teachers, gather support for schools, and then bring additional resources to benefit the school.
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school and community.
- To support, promote and encourage parent/guardians and public involvement in our schools. To provide resources for the enhancement of the educational experience.
- To develop between educators, parents/guardians and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all students the highest advantages in physical, mental and social education.
Some of the projects at Cedar Crest
- Earning non-profit status for the PTO
- Annual fall all-school fund raiser - only one per year
- Kindergarten graduation
- Family night
- School assemblies Cedar Crest T-shirt & sweatshirt salesFifth grade fun day/graduation
- Scholarship -graduating senior who attended Cedar all years
- Student reward days supplies
- Cedar Readers - books given to students periodically during the year
- All school carnival - in the spring during the school day
- Kindergarten tour bags
- Popcorn for all students
Completed Summer Projects
- Community build for the new playground equipment
- Playground fencing
- Painted playground equipment
Dear Parents/Guardians of Cedar Crest Students,
The Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) realize that each of you are the key to understanding and helping not only your child, but all the children. There are many activities that parents can volunteer to help with at school. Many are very small time commitments, but make a large impact on the entire school. As much as we enjoy providing activities, it cannot happen without your help. Throughout the school year, we will communicate through the Lion’s Pride weekly news letter, notices sent home with students and the bulletin board in the hall outside the office. We encourage you to attend our monthly meetings to find out how the fundraising money is distributed, what activities are in the planning stages, and most importantly, to share your thoughts and ideas.
The PTO is not just asking for your help, but to also give it. If you need help communicating with the school, understanding processes in the building/classroom, or just want another parent to talk with, we would be happy to put you in contact with the right person/persons. We have an amazing, dedicated, and caring staff at Cedar Crest, who like you, have your child’s best interests at heart. We hope you will take the time to become involved in your child’s education in whatever way you feel comfortable. Parent involvement is the key to helping everyone be successful!
We can be reached by email - email@example.com, or you can leave a message by calling the school office at 616-754-3641.
Visit us on Facebook at Cedar Crest PTO.
Cedar Crest PTO Board
President, Chris Medler
Vice President, Ginger Weber
Secretary, Kristen Larson
Treasurer, Lisa Gardner