The Greenville Public Schools - Schoolhouse News is published three (3) times each year. Please see the attached issues of the Schoolhouse News for important information.
We wanted to send you an update regarding our plan for makeup days for the 2017-2018 school year. Greenville Public Schools is required to makeup two (2) days due to inclement weather issues. As a result, we will be extending the school year by changing the last day of school from Wednesday, June 6, 2018 to Friday, June 8, 2018. June 7 will be a half day for middle school and high school students and June 8 will be a half day for all students.
New End of Year Specifics:
June 5th – Full Day of school for all students
June 6th – Full Day of school for all students
June 7th – Makeup Day 1 – Half Day for middle school and high school students, Full Day for elementary students
June 8th – Makeup Day 2 – Last Day and is a Half Day for all students
We are hopeful the weather will continue to be cooperative and not cause any additional full day cancellations. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your respective building administrator or the Central Services Facility at 616.754.3686.
The Board of Education approved the 2018-2019 district calendar on Monday, March 12th. A team collaborates to create the calendar each year, with representation from support staff, teachers, and administrators.
- The first student day is August 21.
- Spring Break is the last week in March.
- The last day for students and staff is May 31.
A few items to note about the coming year:
- Secondary exams are prior to Holiday Break, so second semester begins when students return in January.
- An early release occurs each month for regular, ongoing, consistent professional development.
- There are three kinds of days: full days, half days, and early release days. Please note the dismissal time differences for each found at the bottom right hand corner of the calendar.
Greenville Public Schools is now accepting online registration for Kindergarten and Preschool students!
Register Online Starting March 6th
Kindergarten -- Call your school to schedule an appointment for Thursday, April 19th
Preschool -- Call your school to schedule an appointment for Monday, April 23rd
Attend your appointment