Welcome to GPS
Welcome to the Greenville Public Schools. Thank you for visiting our website and learning more about what we have to offer.
We hope you find this website to be a useful resource for information – whether you are a prospective family, parent, student, or a community stakeholder. Like all websites, you will be able to find a lot of information, interesting news and facts, and helpful tools.
The Greenville Schools are very proud of our mission, which focuses on “assuring all students the education necessary to participate as responsible citizens in an ever-changing world.” We take seriously the responsibility to provide rigor and relevance in our curriculum and are focused on purposeful instruction. We believe it is critical to build positive relationships with all students in order for them to feel safe in a welcoming learning environment. We are committed to meeting the individual needs of each student, and we have an incredible collaborative culture that encourages community involvement and partnerships.
The Greenville Community is second to none and I am proud to work with an outstanding faculty and staff who make great things happen. It is my honor and privilege to serve the Greenville Public Schools and I welcome your comments and suggestions. I hope you find this website informative, however, sometimes there is no substitute for a human connection. In this event, we invite you to stop by our district offices or call our main telephone number at (616) 754-3686, where we will be happy to help.
Linda Van Houten
Superintendent of Schools
District Fun Facts
- North Central Accreditation at our high school for over 100 years
- Exemplary curriculum and achievement expectations
- Chinese immersion program for grades K-3
- Award winning performing arts department
- Extensive athletic opportunities
- Multi-Tiered support system for students
- Safe quality transportation
- Technology is state of the art
- On-line learning opportunities
- Alternative education program
- Reading Now Network participant